Sunday, April 26, 2015

Sunny's Body Products Spring Box Review

Hey all! Sorry I have been M.I.A again. Work responsibilities and summer planning  is crazy. On top of that I'm trying to lose weight and with all that planning it just doesn't leave time for blogging.  But I had to come out of hiding to discuss Sunny's Body Products! I'll be doing a full review on her exclusive spring box so please scroll down to read more. It's a little lengthy so if you're not all about that then I've summed it up at the bottom of the post!
  

So this is the Exclusive Spring Box. Sunny does one every season and this ten piece box came with a variety of body products with fresh spring scents. I'll go through them one by one using her scent descriptions and my thoughts.



Butterfly Flowers (Hand Butter) 

Fresh ozone notes that lead to this light hearted green floral bouquet. A blend of lily and sage is twisted with shimmering greens as tangy tones of cassis create a bright accent for the floral scent. Sweet amber and crisp orange flower are blended with musk at the base of the scent

Love this scent so much. It's so light and refreshing and while I don't know what half of the ingredients smell like on their own I do know that Sunny put them all together to sing a harmonious spring melody. What my unsophisticated nose can pick out are lily and amber.



The hand butter  is also the weirdest body product texture I've encountered. The only way I can think to describe it is... frosting. If you've ever had frosting on your skin it feels slightly grainy, you know? Oh geez. It's a good thing I don't have a television show reviewing products. The descriptions I come up with are so off the wall. This hand butter is definitely a night treatment though and that's coming from someone who usually doesn't give two funks about how greasy something is. But something about this texture doesn't say on the go to me. It does moisturize very well and absorb quicker than I thought.


Breezes & Sunshine (On the Go Hand Lotion)

Begins with top notes of blood orange blossoms and sea waves; followed by rose, and sitting on base notes of sea lily flowers and woody notes

I can definitely smell the blood orange blossoms in this as well as the rose. This scent is so delightful and more on the fruity side of all the scents. I also love this on the go lotion formula. It is MADE for purses and pockets. It absorbs so quickly! I'm obsessed. By the time your rub both hands it's pretty much soaked in. It's such a light moisturizer. In fact I wish Sunny would make this able to be clipped on to backpacks. You know like those hand sanitizers? This lotion has quickly become one of my favorites. I carry it around all the time at work. I have these in several other scents and would highly recommend this lotion.



Innocence (Thick Body Cream)

A wonderful aromatic blend starting with top notes of powdery peony petals, romantic alyssum, jasmine, and fresh strawberries. Bottom notes of lily of the valley, Egyptian musk, and vanilla beans

I can only pick out the musk and vanilla beans in this and I'm kind of sad because I wanted to smell some strawberries. Regardless I love the scent. The lotion formula is also very nice. It is thicker than typical lotion but it's nothing you can't still use during the day in my opinion and it feels super nice on elbows.


Sun Moon Stars (Cuticle Oil)

Fresh green notes of clover and ivy followed by notes of jasmine, and vetiver. Bottom notes of green stem notes

So this one is pretty true to description. I have no idea what vetiver and ivy smell like but all together these thing smell great! The jasmine comes through lightly and I think that ties it all together. Very refreshing. I also have this roller ball cuticle oil in many other scents and I love it and carry this with me everywhere as well. It distributes the perfect amount and all of the ingredients keep my skin really hydrated.


Spring Rain (Intensive Cuticle Oil)

Musky accord enhanced with a fresh floral bouquet of carnations, tiger lilies, alyssum, orchids, and roses, with hints of fresh greenery

Again, I have no idea what half of those things smell like on their own but trust me when I say this smells exactly like the name. Closing my eyes and smelling it, it's like I'm in a flower patch after a first rain. The rain has cleared and stirred up all of the scents and Sunny seemed to be right there and bottled it up! It also reminds me of a flower shop. The intensive oil is in a dropper applicator and it's a slightly thicker oil than the one in the roller ball for extra hydration.


Chance (Miracle Balm)

This fragrance is a blend of citron, water hyacinth, jasmine, iris, teakwood, vetiver, patchouli, amber, and white musk
Personally I can only smell the first three and maybe the white musk lol. This balm to me is a good balance between woodsy and floral. The balm spreads on easy and melts in your cuticles and surrounding skin quickly.

Clean Crisp Air (Bath Whip)
Reminds you of fresh clean air filled with hints of greenery and soft florals. This complex fragrance begins with top notes of fresh clover and ivy. Middle notes of baby's breath, periwinkle, and lily of the valley. Base notes of ozony fresh notes


This just smells like powder to me lol. So with that description I was a little underwhelmed to have it just come off as one note to me. But I do like this bath whip! I didn't actually take a bath with it. Just washed my hands and it gave me a squeaky clean feeling for sure.


April Showers (Sugar Scrub)

The aroma of fresh powder, light musk, and just a hint of fresh spring flowers of lavender, jasmine, and tulips
I definitely get powder and flowers out of this. I'm not a huge fan of the powder smell again but the flowers smell keeps me. This is a really gentle scrub that still gets the job done and keeps you nice and smooth after. I don't like to exfoliate my hands a lot just because I don't need to and I feel like the skin is already so thin, but I tried it for the sake of having to say something about it and it did leave my hands feeling great. I will definitely be using this on other body parts.

Honeysuckle Mandarin (Lip Balm)

A fresh blend of sweet blooming honeysuckle and juicy ripe sour mandarins

First whiff just smells like mandarin but when I take a deeper smell I can smell the honey suckle floating in there. Meanwhile my family looks at me strangely for doing what looks like huffing chapstick. I can't praise this chapstick enough though. I've ditched my mainstream brands. I'm so serious. And I've tried TONS of chapsticks. I was literally addicted to chapstick at one point. So for me to just stick to one brand says a lot. It's one of the products I want in every single nook and cranny of my home and on the go. It's solid but still melts with your body to glide on. It stays on for a good while too.


Rainbow (All Over Body Balm)

This fragrance is a very unique fragrance beginning with top notes of pear, green grapes, kiwi, raspberry and peach; followed by middle notes of jasmine and lily of the valley; and well rounded with a base note of white musk

Heaven. Pure heaven. I mostly smell the fruits and most notably are grapes, raspberry and peach. Gosh. This is one of those scents I'm hoping she will bring and make permanent. Because I would buy this in every product she has. LOVE THIS SMELL. Now this is described as to be used all over the body but I will probably just use it for my cuticles because of the size. I never want this smell to go away!


~So all in all I think this is a GREAT box and I was nervous to purchase at first because I'm very picky about my floral scents and the descriptions seemed like nothing I've never heard of. I would definitely recommend picking up a box for yourself because it's a great way to try all of her products at once! Or just browse around her store and her scent selection because there is something for everyone! All of her products are so quality and at a great value. She has quickly replaced pretty much all of my mainstream body products. My favorite scents are Rainbow, Breezes & Sunshine, Honeysuckle Mandarin and Sun Moon Stars.


And isn't the print to die for?!

No comments:

Post a Comment